[ILUG-BOM] How to Stop Kazaa traffic using IPTables

Devdas Bhagat devdas@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 25 13:26:39 IST 2002

On 25/12/02 11:52 +0530, Ripunjay Bararia (ILUG-MUM) wrote:
> By Proxy based firewalls do you mean that the internal users on my NATted
> LAN do not have a default route to the internet and they need to connect to
> the net using only a proxy (squid etc...), well that is a bit of a problem
Yes. Use a proxy per protocol you need.

<snip>
> I have heard on other lists that there is a way to block Kazaa from network
> using some sort of Signature filter with IPTables/Chains etc...
Not really workable. Kazaa v1 used 1214/tcp, 2 uses dynamic port
allocation.

Use a policy, fire violators. Educate your users.

Devdas Bhagat