[ILUG-BOM] Re: cdrecord

Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. linux@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 25 07:36:36 IST 2002

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Hemang C. Ajmera wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Hemang C. Ajmera wrote:
> > > It is not media, cause i have tried different medias. Further, after
> > > some attemps, cd writer works by itself no matter which media I used.
> > > I am also using 'SAMSUNG ' 'CDRW/DVD SM-308B' 'T100' Removable CD-ROM.
> > >
> > > All this error started after I gave  -multi option, earlier it used to
> > > work fine.
> >
> > I never could get multi session cds w/ my samsung combo cdrw/dvd 304B. It
> > seems to be a hardware bug. I did find some links which suggested I flash
> > upgrade the firmware but the dire warnings really sopped me.
>
> But it works with Nero, on window on same machine
>
> any explaination?
Yes it used to to work w/ Adaptec EasyCD back in the old days on the same
machine but I no longer have dual boot so I use a set of CDRWs and rotate
them. Maybe something to do w/ adaptec having been disclosed some unknown
specs by samsung that are not available to Joerg Schilling the author of
cdrecord ?

And belive me I have even written to Joerg directly (before he stopped
personal email correspondence wrt cdrecord) and he gave me to believe that
it was a kernel bug. I do get a lot of scsi errors when I am using
cdrecord.

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri		Homeopath and Linux Enthusiast.
Mumbai, India.			http://www.pavri.net/