[ILUG-BOM] Motorola SM56 modem not detected and depmod error

Rahul Saxena rahul.saxena@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Dec 24 18:21:20 IST 2002

Hi vinord,

IF you really want SM56 working, its should be possible, if you can get the
kernel supplied with REDHAT 7.1, you should probably boot from the kernel
which is present in 7.1 becaue it probably has the patches, which make the
drivers which have been supplied by motorola, work. !

So you should probably:

* try booting linux with the kernel image present in the /boot of a redhat
7.1 system. and then try installing the drivers.

* see if this works.. i HAVE NEVER done anything like this before, but then
again there is no reason why it should not AND as you are experimenting pls
dont use it on any mission critical or important machine. If you are
comfortable with linux, do read the The Kernel-HOWTO, to know more about what
all you can do with the kernel.

* and do let us know if you are trying this and you are stuck, we can help
you out and It could help other people with similar problems to find a way
out.

regards

rahul

On Tuesday 24 December 2002 14:32, you wrote:
> * LUG meet on 12 Jan. 2003 @ VJTI
>

> hi,
>
> I am trying to set up modem to access Internet.
> I have dual boot system with Win98 and Reh Het 7.3 (2.4.18-3)
> modem works OK when connecting to Internet using
> Win98 dial up networking tools.

[snip]

--
New York is real.  The rest is done with mirrors.