[ILUG-BOM] Re: cdrecord

Hemang C. Ajmera hemang@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Dec 24 11:59:46 IST 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 vinayak_hegde at softhome.net wrote:
> Hemang C. Ajmera writes:
> > Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
> > Performing OPC...
> > cdrecord: Input/output error. send opc: scsi sendcmd: no error
> > CDB:  54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> > status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> > Sense Bytes: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 73 03 00 00
> > Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
> > Sense Code: 0x73 Qual 0x03 (power calibration area error) Fru 0x0
> > Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
> > cmd finished after 10.797s timeout 200s
> > cdrecord: Resource temporarily unavailable. OPC failed.
>
> My writer was giving a similar error when the media was bad. I have a
> samsung writer as well. Did you try changing the media? Also Samsungs writer
> does not work with certain media (eg Imation). I still have not been able
> to figure out why.

It is not media, cause i have tried different medias. Further, after
some attemps, cd writer works by itself no matter which media I used.
I am also using 'SAMSUNG ' 'CDRW/DVD SM-308B' 'T100' Removable CD-ROM.

All this error started after I gave  -multi option, earlier it used to
work fine.

Hemang Ajmera