[ILUG-BOM] Red Hat 7.2 Installation: Partitioning

Nikhil Joshi nikhiljoshy@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 20 07:54:02 IST 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Vikram .. wrote:

> I have repartitioned it to 27+10 with FIPS and want to use the new 10 GB
> partition (win95 FAT32) for linux.  When I choose automatic partitioning
> screen, it declines to do that (space not available).

I had similar prob while installing RHL 7.1 on a 15+5 hard disk. I guess
the problem is that LILO must reside below some specified cylinder (1024
if I'm not wrong ).
Now some BIOS's ( older ones ) don't support booting beyond that limit.

So disk druid complains.
For installing anyway use fdisk to partition the disk and proceed as
usual. I guess this should work ( At least it worked for me :-)

--
She been married so many times she got rice marks all over her face.
		-- Tom Waits