[ILUG-BOM] Red Hat 7.2 Installation: Partitioning?????

Vikram .. evoldir@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jan 19 01:03:03 IST 2002

HI EVERYBODY,

Here is a very basic question (but I am really stuck!! :| )

I have been trying to install red hat 7.2 on a win98 machine.  Everything
goes fine until the partitioning screen comes up.  I have a hdd of 37 gb and
I have repartitioned it to 27+10 with FIPS and want to use the new 10 GB
partition (win95 FAT32) for linux.  When I choose automatic partitioning
screen, it declines to do that (space not available).

Next when I come to the manual partioning screen, I cant proceed their
either.  When I select the hard drive partition of my choice and try to add
new partitions (root, swap and boot), I get the same errors, space not
available.  And it woulnd't let me proceed.

Once I have done partitionless install with linux 7.0 on the same machine
without having hard drive partitioned by fips.  And it worked fine.
Unfortunately, as it seems, Red Hat 7.2 doesnt support partitionless
installations.

Any comments, suggestions, advises, must do's, undo's??????????

Greetings,
Vikram