[ILUG-BOM] Version Ka Funda

Nikhil Joshi nikhiljoshy@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 18 07:33:03 IST 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Philip S Tellis wrote:

> then, 98 to 2000 - that's a big change.  I haven't seen any other
> software that is in version 2000.  To a new comer, that would imply

lol
I guess Norton has security software which has huge versions: 2001 and
now even 2002 !!!

Thanks Philip for the detailed info on the versioning system. It has
cleared my doubts.

I have a query though. Is it mandatory that one adhere to the rules of the
versioning system while developing a software for Linux (  having GPL
) ?

P.S.
Thanks Philip again for the wonderful tutorial for Pine. It removed my
inital fear of Pine. Now it is now my 'default' mail client :-)

--
Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow!
		-- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)