[ILUG-BOM] Re: OT the middle path

Manish Jethani cruisecoder@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jul 22 17:32:03 IST 2001

Sometime today, Philip S Tellis wrote:

> People should be compensated for their ideas - if those ideas
> are revolutionary.  The ideas in Word, and almost all
> commercial software are by no means revolutionary.

The question is - who decides whether something is
revolutionary or not?  I honestly feel these dicussions about
IP, freedom, etc. are useless beyond some extent.  Like RMS told
someone from the audience - ``... in that case, we simply do not
agree with each other... [period]''.

Manish

--
Some don't prefer the pursuit of happiness to the happiness of
pursuit.