[ILUG-BOM] Why do we hate Windows?

Kompalli SuryaPrakash neosurya@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jul 21 17:35:06 IST 2001

> I have seen many Linux users (Linux users in general and not just
linuxers)
> referring to Windows or it's apps in rather demeaning way e.g.
> window$,win....,M$ Win.., windoze, etc. Why are we so
> intolerant ? I mean we have been using this OS since it's arrival
.Most
> of us (I am not sure but I guess) have dual boot system .  I am not
> professing the use of Windows but I think it is imperative for us to
> understand that Windows is here to stay ,at least in the desktop
> environment .
        Yeah, It will.. At least asa long as ppl realise something else
is there which does not reboot so often. I had written a more +ve mail
just a moment ago. and then when I did M-f-l, The m/c simply rebooted -
Cud do nothing....
And then, ur previous question - u can get CD's from freeos
(www.freeos.com) , or www.gtcdrom.com and many other places.
Bye,
SP

---