[ILUG-BOM] Why do we hate Windows?

Nikhil Joshi nikhiljoshy@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jul 21 08:40:06 IST 2001

I have seen many Linux users (Linux users in general and not just linuxers)
referring to Windows or it's apps in rather demeaning way e.g.
window$,win....,M$ Win.., windoze, etc. Why are we so
intolerant ? I mean we have been using this OS since it's arrival .Most
of us (I am not sure but I guess) have dual boot system .  I am not
professing the use of Windows but I think it is imperative for us to
understand that Windows is here to stay ,at least in the desktop
environment .

Also I think Windows is affordable for most users ( OEM stuff ) .So I think
the argument that Windows costs a fortune is not true. In Linux too we have
commercial distributions ( Suse,Corel, Red Hat Deluxe Workstation,etc..)
whose costs are comparable to that of Windows 95 or 98 .

So the question is why do we hate Windows so much ? Are we jealous of
it's success or is it just unwritten rule for Linux users to snub it ?