[ILUG-BOM] MSN Problems [was: Debian 2.2 CD's and doubts on Pine]

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sam_buddhe@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jul 20 22:47:03 IST 2001

KSP wrote:

>    Also, I wud like to ask an OT question - Can u nowadays access MSN
>using everybuddy?? I cant and its' really bugging me :)

AFAIK, MSN had recently changed its authentication protocol so that all the
third party clients stopped working. Something to do with an extra
challenge handshake with a modified format ... people using Trillian on
Windoze got an error message saying bad CHL-something. And update was
posted subsequently.

SameerDS.