[ILUG-BOM] Web server buffer overflows

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jul 20 01:17:02 IST 2001

Sometime on Jul 19, S. Krishnan assembled some asciibets to say:

> > have caused any harm yet, but this has been tried
> > over and over again.
> >

> Sure looks like one.  Log the IP and complain to the ISP as well as
> to CAUCE.

The IP is either being spoofed or it's coming from six different places
(I mean completely different - 206, 193, 194, 61, 63, 207).  Also, it's
been detected as the Red.ida worm, on bugtraq.  All IIS versions are
vulnerable, apache is not.  It's most likely that these hits are coming
from an infected machine, not from the originator.

Philip

--
"The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception a neccessity."
- Oscar Wilde

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis