[ILUG-BOM] boot partition >1024 cylinders.

S. Krishnan sri_krishnan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 18 22:58:02 IST 2001

This issue arises because most PC BIOses directly
support disks of only up to 8.4 GB size, thus
requiring you to have all your bootable partitions
within the 8.4 GB limitation.  However, I believe
newer versions of LILO work around this limitation.
Look for the latest LILO documentation on the web, and
see if this is correct.  Maybe other list members can
contribute their inputs too.

Regards,

Krishnan