[ILUG-BOM] please explain Open source & free software

Satya satyap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 18 00:43:02 IST 2001

On Jul 17, 2001 at 22:04, Harshal Patil wrote:

>      could anybody explain me what differences the open source & the
>free software movements have?
>     i mean both of them give the source code, they allow you to modify,
>redistribute. then why is this quarrel?

It's in the details, and in the philosophical issues. Practically,
there is no difference unless you want to make a legal case out of
it; maybe not even then.

I am not a lawyer.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>