[FSUG-Bangalore] Download

devesh dost4frnd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 22:10:10 IST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: shishir <shishirdbhat at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [FSUG-Bangalore] Download
To: devesh <dost4frnd at gmail.com>

I do this using TCL-Expect Script which would reset my modem and start
download at 2AM then reset again and shutdown comp at 8AM. But for that you
have to keep the laptop on...

If you want you can wake up a laptop in sleep mode using Win7/Vista
scheduler (tutorial -
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/166809-task-scheduler-wake-up-computer.html )
then schedule it to restart and by keeping linux as default in grub you can
boot into linux. Then, once in linux, you can schedule your download (For
GNOME I think there is a GUI for chrontab, GNU-Scheduler).

For linux, I dunno how to do that... I am sure there will be some software
for it. BTW, This is all possible if your motherboard supports ACPI (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface)
which I think should not be a problem with most modern motherboards...

Hope this helps.