[FSUG-Bangalore] Contribute to Chamba Swathanthra Cinema project

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 12:30:37 IST 2010

"I will contribute 500 Indian Rupees (or 10 USD) to Chamba Swathanthra
Cinema Project but only if 100 other people will do the same."

— Praveen Arimbrathodiyil, Coordinator for Chamba Project

Deadline to sign up by: 1st January 2011
20 people have signed up, 80 more needed

More details
Chamba project (http://www.chambaproject.in) is an ambitious effort to
create a Swathanthra (Free/Libre) Animation Movie by pooling in
contributions from people around the world and funding artists
directly. It is an initiative to experiment and explore a  more
collaborative and open approach to film making, aiming to  be
appealing, easy to be a part of and easy to contribute for hobbyists,
enthusiasts and professionals alike using FOSS  tools, resources, and
the power of social networking.

A donation system will be setup at
http://www.chambaproject.in/contribute/ when we are ready to accept money.

You can add your name to the pledge at http://www.pledgebank.com/chambaproject

There are other ways you can help as well. See
http://www.chambaproject.in/contribute/ for different ways of helping
out. This is not just a movie project, it is a whole different way of
creating culture, some models of which we are already familiar like
Free Software, Wikipedia, OpenStreetMap, this time we are onto film
making.

We need to reach out to maximum number of people and being a community
initiative we depend on you to help us promote this project. Did you
blog about this project? Did you share news about this project with
your friends, colleagues, facebook/orkut/twitter/identi.ca contacts?

Are you a good designer? Can you create good posters and banners for
this project? Make some nice ones and post it in the forum.

Think about more ideas to spread news about this project. The more
people talk about this project, the higher its impact.

Cheers
Praveen

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍