[FSUG-Bangalore] which TV tuner card works well on GNU Linux

d dost4frnd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 09:40:21 IST 2010

Hi,
I have taken Frontec USB TV Box tuner card. It doesn't work with Linux. I
have tried on
Fedora,Ubuntu,etc.It works with windows 7 peacefully.
On Linux, problem is :
I have in-built web cam on my Laptop and this USB tuner external.So whenever
by default
cam goes into /dev/video0 and no other thing like video1 or video2. Then
where tv tuner goes?

If I do mplayer -tv /dev/video0 it plays web cam.

Regards,
Devesh