[FSUG-Bangalore] Request for trainers and volunteers : GNU/Linux capacity building program for Karnataka Education Department Personnel

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:18:11 IST 2009

HI all

happy to announce that DSERT and other government bodies have decided to do
a training program (GNU/Linux training program for the faculty of all
District Institutes of Education and Training(DIET) in Karnataka .) on GNU
/LInux

continuing from the pilot project that FSUG-Bangalore was recently involved

by the way this time also like in the previous case many organization are
involved in the training program

i request your support for this program, either as trainers or as volunteers

the dates are : october 5th to 8th  2009

venue is : Sarva Siksha Abhiyana office , Nrupatunga road , Bangalore

good new is that there is a nominal remuneration for the trainers and
volunteers

this training program is of greater importance as we will be training the
master trainers who will later training the teachers also it is very
important in another way that is convincing government that the free
software community is capable and make difference.

kindly reply about your availability on the above mentioned  days in however
form you are willing

the topics that will be covered is more of hand holding tasks and
introducing few educational packages, office suit , internet concepts ,
creating documents in local languages etc etc

exact schedule will be uploaded soon.