[FSUG-Bangalore] first Kannada PC?

Omshivaprakash H L omshivaprakash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 10:16:57 IST 2009

Looks like http://www.brahmicomputing.in/ is their website..

Do we really need something which is patented when we already have Kannada
support on Gnu/Linux Desktops? And I see a new keyboard layout to be forced
on users.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com>wrote:

> I came across this strange news. It seems like a GNU/Linux
> Customization. He talks about Free Software & RMS aldo about the
> patent application for his input method. kannada Support is already
> existing is GNU/Linux
>

> http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=The+first+Kannada+PC+on+Republic+Day&artid=X|3bZMVTyeg=&SectionID=Qz/kHVp9tEs=&MainSectionID=wIcBMLGbUJI=&SectionName=UOaHCPTTmuP3XGzZRCAUTQ==&SEO=
>

> Anivar
> --
> "[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and
> 'nonnumerical' algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from
> other kinds of precise information." - Donald Knuth

With Best Regards,
Omshivaprakash.H.L | ಓಂ ಶಿವಪ್ರಕಾಶ್ ಎಚ್. ಎಲ್ | ॐ शिवप्रकाश् एच्. एल्

Blog : http://platonic.techfiz.info
Phone: 91- 9902026518