[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG-Bangalore Digest, Vol 33, Issue 8

Omshivaprakash H L omshivaprakash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:24:42 IST 2009

Have a check on this post which talks about enabling kannada in Ubuntu

http://sampada.net/blog/omshivaprakash/21/10/2008/12862

Also there have been lots of documentation made at various stages
which are accessible at http://dev.sampada.net

kn-itrans is just like Baraha and Baraha IME and very user friendly as
mentioned in my article.

Hemanth H.M wrote:
> Nudi , is good , but i feel this is better :
>
> Google Kannada <http://www.google.com/transliterate/indic/Kannada>
> is the best interface and the best keyboard layout , i have seen .
>
> It is translates so well , its like sending an SMS as we do in
> mobile :).
> Try typing to know , how good it is .
>
> ex : kannada ==> ಕನ್ನಡ  , i need not use any caps or anything .
> So why cant we implement something similar to this , rather an
> offline version .
>
> There is a ff plugin , but not for current version though :( , cos
> its an experimental add-on
>
> -Hemanth.hm
> http://www.ubunt2.blogspot.com

- --
- --
"A well-directed imagination is the source of great deeds"
- --
With Best Regards,
Omshivaprakash.H.L | ಓಂ ಶಿವಪ್ರಕಾಶ್ ಎಚ್. ಎಲ್ | ॐ शिवप्रकाश् एच्. एल्

Website : http://www.techfiz.info
Blog : http://platonic.techfiz.info
Phone: 91- 9902026518
AIM : fizworks
ICQ : 265216744
IRC : #techfiz  server: irc.freenode.net channel: #linux-india
#ubuntu-in #gnu-india #kannada