[FSUG-Bangalore] The Hindu Editorial calls for Free, Software in Healthcare

vinay ವಿನಯ್ vinay at itforchange.net
Tue Apr 7 11:57:09 IST 2009

> Would the people on this list be able to pinpoint the various
> governmental organisations/departments that have a) taken upon
> themselves a mandate to use FOSS, and b) are successfully using FOSS?
> Links to press releases / newspaper articles about such use would also
> be useful.  If such a list already exists, could someone point me
> towards that?

We have started collecting information specific to the public
sector(govt.s, NGOs) and FLOSS , see - http://public-software.in

specifically see sections on 'FOSS related policies - India' and
'Governments using FOSS in India' . We are in the process of building
this list so its not really fully updated yet.  We will also convert
some sections of the site into a wiki so that people can add more details