[FSUG-Bangalore] Read Todays Hindu

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 09:54:48 IST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Anivar Aravind
<anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Hindu dedicated its public eye page for the cause of Software Freedom
>
> The Lead story is In the context of International Day against software patents
> see http://www.hindu.com/2008/09/24/stories/2008092461910300.htm

This was such a good read. I liked how the writer avoided ideological
issues that might put off some, and instead talks to the layman
directly - the DVD player example, and the quotes from Redhat and the
Alternate Law Forum were very good convincing material.

> 2 Other stories are related to Free Software
> http://www.hindu.com/2008/09/24/stories/2008092461920300.htm
> http://www.hindu.com/2008/09/24/stories/2008092461820300.htm

Like the first, two more links to articles that present "why free(dom)
matters?" very well.

> As Usual there is a pro-software patent story too writen by Anand Parthasarathy
> http://www.hindu.com/2008/09/24/stories/2008092461930300.htm

I found that to be merely a report of what various Industry players
have to say, rather than a pro-patent article.

> Anivar

Thanks for these links.