[FSUG-Bangalore] Software Freedom Day at BMSCE

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 23:49:19 IST 2008

>  Also we came to know that the SUN Club that exists in BMSCE, which is also
> pretty active,

SUN is paying around 6,000 rs per month for each ambassador in each college
wherever they have selected to market / promote / products / courses /
conducting seminars /workshops etc etc ......... and they have a year
contract for each ambassador... this is what the information i have ........
so this indicates SUN is very active ....

> along with SUN was planning for an SFD at BMSCE (Seems like BMSCE is the
> hot spot ;-) ). They also approached us asking if we can do it together. Few
> of us, the BMSLUG members went to SUN office to talk to SUN people about
> this. SUN people want to collaborate with the Free and Open Source Community
> in general not just SUN clubs or groups. Also at the moment doing 2 SFDs at
> BMSCE is not a very good idea,

Dont worry about different groups supporting free softwares ,
GNU's                           ( free softwares ) philosophy and manifesto
are very clear, we will have to only bother and take care if some other
groups going against the philosophy and manifesto of free softwares and
claiming that they are free software groups which i dont think we have any
one right now in and around us -- so dont worry keep going on , sharing
colloboration should be the main thing ....

> So I think its a good idea to collaborate with SUN club at BMSCE and SUN
> itself. Also I think SUN is willing to sponsor, so we can make use of the
> resources. I kindly request all of you to give your valuable suggestions on
> this.

SUN  sponsoring a lot , but take care about software feedom day celebration
-----is the only suggestion..

> As far as dates are concerned, since we have internals from 18th - 20th of
> September, doing SFD on 20th September,

same problem here in our college tooo

the actual day on which it is celebrated world wide is nearly impossible.
> Also FSUG-Bangalore is celebrating this as a week long fest. So we are
> planning to do this on some other day than 20th September.

we are also planning on the fourth week --

Seems like September 25th works for both BMSLUG and SUN Club. So I think we
> must go with that date. What do you all think?

All the best for all your events..