[FSUG-Bangalore] SFD in Bangalore

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 20:29:18 IST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Anivar Aravind
<anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:

>    * Try to bring sun's SFD programmes in our platform. But we should
> make it clear that they must acknowledge free Software projects.

Good to see this point here. Quite a few free software projects are
used by Sun (e.g. Gnome is their primary desktop environment now, and
openoffice and Java are GPL), so I think such an acknowledgement would
not be a problem. However, if you mean something  else by
acknowledgement, then please do let me know. I'll communicate to the
Sun SFD folks too.

I was supposed to call Vincent today but was caught up with a lot of
work at office. We're going to have a Bangalore Open Solaris User
Group meeting this weekend where the user group members, the college
students who're opensolaris enthusiasts, and perhaps the Java User
Group members would meet and figure out how we can all work together.

I think having FSUG representatives at this meet would be helpful
since FSUG members have the most experience and network with respect
to FSD events.

-- Sriram