[FSUG-Bangalore] SFD in Bangalore

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 19:54:15 IST 2008

On 9/9/08, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com> wrote:
> minutes of the meeting updated ---- thoe who attended please correct the
> content --as i have done in a very short time and also it is not complete ,,
> please add --- and correct if it is wrong in the page below
>
> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Bangalore/GNUs_Grazing/6September2008

Updated the minutes url above

Action Points

    * Decided to Organise A National Public meeting on software
patents on October 1st week in partnership with Other like minded
Groups Organisations and Software Companies. Other organisors are
Centre for Internet and society, Alternative Law Forum, Deep root,
Socielforge, IT4Change, Openspace, Zyxware etc. The tentative date is
October 4th . Vikram ensured (over phone) that he will arranged Christ
College hall for Organising the programme

    * Decided to Organise software Freedom week from 20th to 27th with
multiple programmes and multiple venues in bangalore. But need to plan
more on list. Focus is on increasing free software penitration and
awareness. we will create a single invite with all programmes

    * A state level essay competition on software freedom ( to be
conducted at two levels ). It can be in the banner of FSUG-Bangalore
and CIS. CIS is sponsoring Prizes, and publicity material for it.
Renuka Prasad took the responsibility in organising it

    * Software Freedom Action Kit. Abhas & Dreeproot will Prepare a
Software Freedom Action Kit

    * We need to organise Programmes in colleges. Ask Colleges like
BMS, Christ, St.Josephs, RVC etc with good amount of free software
volunteers and awareness to Organise their programmes. FSUG can
provide expertice

    * We need to Identify few more new colleges this time

    * Try to bring sun's SFD programmes in our platform. But we should
make it clear that they must acknowledge free Software projects.

    * Explore the possibility of SFD Programmes in Corporates.
Possible suggessions are IBM, Cisco etsc. senthil will explore this

    * Edwin and Anivar took the responsibility of organising an SFD
event for NGOs. Edwin will also check the possibility of pushing a
session Free software and humanrights in some humanrights workshop in
20-27 period

    * We need to add Document Freedom angle, GNU Project's 25th
anmniversory, Software patents etc to most of the possible programmes.

    * Vidhya will Organise a SFD programme for a blinds Organisation.
Anivar is willing to give a trainig on free software for blinds.

    * Last Date of Responding to Open standards for E-gov is 10th.
FSUG-bangalore can write a congragulating letter . If some issues are
there we need to identify them within this time span