[FSUG-Bangalore] OT: Appeal for Bihar relief fund

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Wed Sep 10 15:28:51 IST 2008

________________________________

From: fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in
[mailto:fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in] On Behalf Of Vikram
Vincent
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 2:32 PM
To: Free Software Users Group - Bangalore
Subject: Re: [FSUG-Bangalore] OT: Appeal for Bihar relief fund

2008/9/10 renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>

	LETS contribute to fsf-india and request fsf-india to forward
the funds to the relief fund.....if at all we are so concerned about
free softwares,brothers and sisters in bihar...... and the integrity of
our nation...

I have not seen any appeal from FSF-India regarding flood relief or any
thing else.  If FSF-India does so in the future then fine. But now that
a team has taken up that task let us support them.

--

what is wrong if friends from the free software movement want to support
relief.....its about COMMUNITY participation ..... and many of them from

things there are really bad...some friends of mine are involved in
relief efforts...one of them is planning to go there for 10 days. anyone
wanting to go do let us know.
there will also be a team leaving from chennai on the 15th with
considerable amount of relief material...anyone planning to go should be
physically fit and should stay for atelast 10 days .. some of them (
large number of CLOSED SOFTWARE volunteers from blr along with a large
number of vols worldwide ) were also invovled in Tsunami relief efforts
and they made a lot of difference  ... also it was a very different
COMMUNITY experience for many of us

BGVS ( Bharathiya Gyan Vignyan Samithi) has also setup relief camps in 7
districts .. i feel we can support bgvs or other orgns having field
presence ... and a plan to reach relief material there to the affected
asap ....