[FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: Fosscamp sjce 08

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 23:10:30 IST 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> Please note this mail and let me know if any of you can handle a session
> here at SJCE, Mysore.

what event ----- can that be shared

but there is some problem in administration regarding conduction of our
> event so we wil get back to you in a week time. We wil try our max to make
> this event a grand success  somehow. As soon as it is confirmed from the
> college authorites we will inform you. please mark our dates in your
> calender .
>
> Regarding Talks  and Workshops,
> Talks any new technologies or Linux tools which wil be attractive for linux
> freshers
> Workshops is for technical guys we need some real thing to learn.
> a)Subversion Control System(CVS)

yes i have lot of material regarding CVS -- i can share

--infact few were take from SJCE only --- idont know who has communicated to
handle this sesssion -- there are very good , elgible, dedicated freedom
fighters who are very elderly, educated,respectable  and free software
supporters --- some how it is surprising that the person who has contacted
is not aware of people in side campus --- any ways -- please pass on the
message to go and contact Prof ---- all the administration problems might be
solved --

> b)Website building(Jhoomla,Drupal)

 no idea!

> c)Backtrack (one of the distro helpful with hacking tools)

JUST a correction --- backtrack is not just hacking distro ---also there are
cracking tools in it--- so no point in handling that --- those who have
personal interest can look in to it -- this is my personal opinion  that "*we
can tell abt hacking but not cracking" *

part of my research  involves using backtrack------i used it for around one
month and it blew off my hard disk -- no idea what happened --- very
unpredictable distro!!!!!!!

and more over backtrack has some issues that are not good and compatible
with GNU philosophy ( subject to further reading )

> If possible some projects on linux for final year students.
> So hoping our event to be success what would be your plans for talks and
> workshops.

there are lot of projects given in the sjce college itself which are based
on GNU / linux by few professors -- infact many of our students are involved
in writing few libraries - with the help of few professors from sjce -----

thanks

with regards
Srihari NA