[FSUG-Bangalore] GNU/Linux may not be as bad as other, so called best OSs in terms of User Interface and Usability

Madhusudan C.S madhusudancs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 12:40:31 IST 2008

Hi all,
        I had read this mail a couple of months ago. Back then I just
thought that it was a prank
or a fake one. Recently I have been seeing this post surfacing on many
trusted sites and Bill Gates'
comment on the post makes me feel that it is authentic.

http://gizmodo.com/5019516/classic-clips-bill-gates-chews-out-microsoft-over-xp

  This post is dedicated to all those who still think Windows is the most
User Friendly Operating
System or Desktop to use.
  I think we can use this mail to convince those who still think GNU/Linux
isn't user friendly. Along
with this I think we should really do a demo of KDE 4.1, its coolness,
Compiz Fusion and also GNOME's
ease of use and other stuff like Synaptic which are so intuitive and really
user friendly. We have been
doing most of the latter part till now. But combined with such a strong
response mail to Windows team
by a person whom we hadn't imagined would do that, I think the campaign to
make people realize the
power of Free Software systems .

  Also I am sorry if any of you have mistaken, this neither has anything do
against Micro$oft nor a
campaign against Micro$oft. This is just one another point to convince those
who are still in a dilemma
to switch to GNU/Linux just because they think that Windows is more User
friendly than GNU/Linux.
No offences meant.

--
Thanks and regards,