[FSUG-Bangalore] Ministry meeting with RMS, Eben

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:18:22 IST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/11/30 Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org>
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda)
>> <sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:
>> > Dear Arun,
>> >
>> > We had a discussion in fsug meeting on the minstry meeting in bangalore
>> > .
>> > What are the orgnaisations involved. What are the plans.
>> >
>> > Can representatives from our team join which will help the intrests of
>> > free
>> > software in karnataka.
>> >

>> do you mean from FSUG or some other team?
>
> Since many of us from Karnataka are involved in the Movement and from
> different banners it would not be appropriate to call ourselves FSUG.
> A collective banner representing the Movement in Karnataka will be worked
> out.

What is your problem with Free software user group bangalore? You were
an active volunteer of FSUG for past 2+ years.  You were the contact
person in a lot of FSUG Press releases.  And you represented FSUG in a
lot of College seminars. You were Organising a FSUG's Joint Programme
with Christ & RV college (RMS Programmes in Christ). so what is the
issue now that makes you to say the above quote? Is it some critiques
on FSUG's work? or is it some ideological differences?  Please
Clarify?
I Believe FSUG is still open for anybody to point their issues. It is
the way online collectives work

Also I believe Movement for Free Software in Karnataka was a temporary
banner setup to address the campaign against VTU-M$  Curriculum tieup
.  It was came up suddenly as a out put of gnus grazing (i couldn't
able to participate in it, and there was no discussion on the list
about timings or venue to ensure participation of all) .  As we
supporting any Free Software cause we all supported it and
participated in it.  But I have serious critique on making it as a
permanent banner. Movement in Karnataka need to be created by various
users groups and Organisations works on gass root. They can come
together on issues affecting Free Software community. But If some one
starts to differentiate himself from a group and starting to represent
as a leader of an appex group, It really shows the problem. This will
not lead us anywhere

Anivar

> --
> Vikram Vincent
> +919448810822
> http://swatantra.org/

Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.
Learning Windows is like learning to eat every meal at McDonalds.