[FSUG-Bangalore] RMS visit to IISc - say no to software patents

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Sun Nov 30 09:03:25 IST 2008

Hi,

We are planning to put a website..and work on the issue of  say no to
"imposed monopoly rights"

IIsc students had made this request  . We were planning to do some
ground level campaigning.

Red hat Venky, Prof Gopinath said it would be important..given the fact
of the 'software patents' are being trolled..and 'IP" cells are being
promoted in a big way..

We thought if RMS would come it would be very nice.

We had blocked 14,17th on discussions with Renuka and Anivar.

Is this dropped completely ? Anyways we will continue the ground work..

thanks
senthil