[FSUG-Bangalore] Somebody vandalised the FSF-friends and FSUG Bangalore mailing lists

Anurag anurag at gnuer.org
Sun Nov 30 02:56:23 IST 2008

2008/11/29 Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>:
> The mails I had posted in response to the statement by the FSF-I Board on
> the FSF-friends and FSUG-Bangalore mailing lists have been vandalised.
> See
> http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsug-bangalore/2008-November/002447.html
> http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/2008-November/005788.html
>
> I am CC'ing all the currently listed list admins and RMS.
> To whoever did this: You cannot silence our voices by simply deleting mail
> content.

Please rest assured, there is no conspiracy involved. All the email
postings to this mailing list are completely unmoderated, and your
views delivered to the list subscribers the moment mailman receives
it. So, a vandal would achieve little by editing web archives.

The post you mentioned is preserved in the list mbox intact the way
you sent to the list. If mailman(or its archiver) is acting up across
several other lists hosted on this server, we'll get that fixed.

Meanwhile, may i advice you to NOT use funky text format while sending
emails to the list? Pipermail archiver has to get rid of the fancy
html formatting while generating web archives.

Anurag
--
http://web.gnuer.org/