[FSUG-Bangalore] [Fsf-friends] Statement of FSF India board on recent incidents

sandeep sr sandeep.sr78 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:07:06 IST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:

> India is considered one of the biggest democracies in the world and the Free
> Software Movement is for the democratisation of technology and knowledge.
> However, the namesake of FSF in India ie., FSF-India, whose role is to lead
> the Free Software Movement has clearly defined itself as undemocratic.

Free Software Movement itself doesn't seem to be a democratic
movement. It is a highly biased movement with a strong political
statement on freedom of computing in particular and freedom of
knowledge in general.

Free SOftware  Movement is not a monolithic entity based on any
democratic principles. Rather, it is a diverse group of organisations
and indivuduals with widely varying philosophy but sharing some common
thoughts and FSF India, FSF  or  any other related orgs does not
represent or can claim to represent all the "Free Software Movement".

I think FSF India follows the similar structure as that of FSF of
which Eben was a board member for a long time.

Since FSF itself is an undemocratic organization and RMS being its
head a dictator, it'll be proper for a die hard freedom fighter like
you to boycott all his programmes and instead conduct some awareness
programmes to enlighten people about the damage he is doing to the
cause of democracy and freedom.

--
Sandeep