[FSUG-Bangalore] Defending the threat to the public-ness and the egalitarian nature of the Internet

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 21:25:54 IST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 5:29 PM, vinay sreenivasa <vinay at itforchange.net> wrote:
> Hi Anivar,
>
> The point about the encoding of data is good. When we say 'proprietarisation
> of standards' would that not include data encoding standards also? I  sort
> of assumed it would..

The term used is "Proprietarisation of standards and code that build
the Internet" . I feel it only communicate about protocols & APIs and
not on Data standards .  Anyway since we are late leave it

:-)

Anivar
--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.