[FSUG-Bangalore] Defending the threat to the public-ness and the egalitarian nature of the Internet

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:44:31 IST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/27 haynes davis <haynesdavis at gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think we should endorse this. What everyone say?
>>
>> I support the view. The Internet control should not be monopolised.
>> The decision has to sent by 1st Dec.
>
> Vinay,
>
> Count on our support. We are endorsing this (as no one spoke against
> it so far). Hope we get some good traction at IGF meet.

+1

It will be good if you can expand the description of
"Proprietarisation of standards and code that build the Internet"
little bit. if it is not too late.  The current description only
addresses "use of proprietary and closed standards and code in
building the Internet system.".  Along with the focus to make
Internet protocols as free standards we have to point on data encoding
too.

internet should not be polluted by privately owned data formats like
mp3, mp4, flash, ppt, doc, DRM embeded media etc . This needed
toprevent 1 st point  "Increasing corporatisation of the Internet"

Anivar

--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.