[FSUG-Bangalore] About Launching uncorkers.org during RMS visit

Shashi connect2shashi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:52:58 IST 2008

Ok thanks for the concern but I'll still have the website ready by
next week just in case anybody contacts RMS and he agrees....

Back when I started the community, I did not have any hosting facility
I had even requested for a list at mm.gnu.org.in but didn't get any
reply...
In the current host there is no mailman but i'm buying a mailman
hosting later...

The web site is supposed to be the platform for everything in the
community... There's an activism blog, project Ideas blog, Project
addition request blog... Wiki per project. and GIT repositories for
each project... so there is no point in first tediously building the
community if the launch if the website can easily attract developers
and activists.... Currently the community has 5 people who have not
yet responded to any emails in the group! so first the launch!

For the question that how is this different from gnu.org It is not a
website like gnu.org but a community of Free Software Bloggers.. .and
a community of developers like apache.org who develop only selected
High quality free software. all using various services like blogengine
and GIT repos on the same server and funded by same sponsors.

Thanks
Shashi
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Anivar Aravind
<anivar.aravind at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry if I'm causing trouble by telling this late but How can I launch
>> the site during the RMS visit...
>
> RMS visit is tightly packed now. I dont think we have a free slot for this.
>
> Also personally a I feel that Making a community is much important
> than launching a website by a celebrity. so Keep the spirit and start
> building your community. Let community prove its work. not the website
>
> Anivar
>
> --
> Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
> Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.
> Learning Windows is like learning to eat every meal at McDonalds.

    ,               ,
        ):    : (
        :o__o:
         "---- "