[FSUG-Bangalore] How to modify these kind of things? in VTU , not just M$

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 11:00:19 IST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <
sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > So where to start from and from whose support -----------
> > definitely it is a big problem that we are going to address ,
> > lets start and hope for the best
>
> I think we can have another discussion in fsug...on this..and come out
> with a more long term plan...

thats fine, how will that affect awareness campaign,

> As vikram suggested...after the awareness campaign..

Infact what the information given is more  appropriate and useful as we are
addressing the Vendor Lock ( as mentioned by Mr Vikram ) It would be better
to address all the proprietary issues is what i felt ---

( for an instance in my own college we have microsoft products campus
licenses worth 6 lakhs and other softwares are contributing to 23 lakhs )