[FSUG-Bangalore] [Fsf-friends] a clarification needed

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:29:29 IST 2008

Greetings,

2008/11/18 Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org>

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Vikram Vincent
> <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2008/11/18 Arun M <arun at gnu.org.in>
> >>
> >> <snip>FSF India was not part of the conference though some board members
> >> participated
> >> in the event. Our participation is no way an endorsement to the
> >> conference.
> >> FSF India do have its own stand on the conference. Please note that
> >> this has nothing
> >> to do with what happened.
> >
> > Why is it that FSF-I has no public opinion about anything important?
> > Chennai, Kochi, Bangalore...
> > We want to know the reason for FSF-I not being a part of the conference.
> > From the Vision of FSF-I http://www.gnu.org.in/why-we-exist the only
> work of
> > FSF-I is to be a not-for-profit company with certain goals which are not
> > mass movement oriented. This is not useful to the Free Software Movement
> > which is a mass movement.
> > Is FSF-I democratic in its constitution? Meaning, are the members elected
> or
> > do company policies apply?
> > If FSF-I continues in this manner then why do we need any FSF-I? We need
> an
> > organisation which can guide this Movement and not simply to give
> > verdict/blessings that "this/you is/are right", "that/you is/are
> wrong",...
> > We want to know how FSF-I intends to proceed in the future. Does it plan
> > be a participant in the Movement? We want it to be democratic and
> > representative of the Movement in all senses and not simply through talk.
>
> A large set of questions, and each of them will be clarified.
>
> Nagarjuna

Since almost a week has passed would this be an ok time for a friendly
reminder?
Kindly also address the following:
When was the last time that FSF-I had an election to the committee? When
does it plan to have the next elections?
Which system of functioning does FSF-I follow since sister FSFs do not
follow the same system...

--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822