[FSUG-Bangalore] Blog post on National Conference & Boycott Novell Protest (PART- 3)

Nidhin Sasi nidhin.sasi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 18:04:03 IST 2008

> the efforts months of conspiracy and planning

    Please make it more clear. We can discuss more on this new "Conspiracy
and Planning" theory if you make it more clear.

> go down the drain.

    Thats what the protestors wanted. But if you have the least thing of
conscience try to take the opinion of the majoirty of the delegates who
participated in the conference rather than upholding the view the very tiny
minority protestors. Not a single seminar or open session class room was
empty or even half filled (you have to take note of the fact that the same
time exhibition was also goin on) , then the huge crowds in the Open stage
auditorium.

> You had tried to conduct a big event

    What did you mean by "You". It would be the greatest compliment I would
have received from anyone for saying I tried to conduct such a big event. J

> through which you thought could get the support of the community.

     Which Community? And support for what?

>But sadly, it turned to be a damp squib and one which would be remembered

for all the wrong reasons.

 For 1 wrong reason. I couldn't find the report of the conference when I
searched the net. But some important declarations that came in the
Conference which was a "damp squib" for you.

*"The declaration adopted at the two-day national meet urged the governments
to procure free software in government organisations, undertakings and
government-funded organisations. It said that only non-proprietary software
and open standards should be used for any government work."*

* *

*"The declaration said that the University Grants Commission should ensure
the usage of free software in the curriculum framework and research. The
meet urged the governments to set up free software development centres. It
also requested the Centre to issue a White Paper on the implications of the
global financial crisis on the IT sector in the country. "*

* *

*"Mr. Achuthanandan said that a centre of excellence for coordinating
activities in the free software sector would be established in the State in
December. An international conference would be held in connection with the
setting up of the centre."*

* *

*"The second national conference on free software that concluded at the
Cochin University of Science and Technology (Cusat) on Sunday decided to
initiate joint collaboration among six universities in Kerala, Andhra
Pradesh and West Bengal to promote the use and expansion of free software.
The meet also decided to set up a knowledge hub in Kerala based on free
software. It will be managed by the Centre for Information Resources
Management at Cusat.A declaration adopted at the conference said that
faculty members in these universities would work jointly for encouraging
research and development using the free software platform." *

* *

*"The IT at School project of the Kerala government will promote its Vidyamitra
project as an online educational system based on free software."*

* *

>how your CPIM bosses

    From where did CPI(M) come into our discussion? Are you continuing the
same old CPI(M) hijack theory ?

>for conducting a National "Crap"

* *

 This statement shows your standard. No different from those who tried to
protest.

> even after using up all their resources.

     Explain this.

> Try to go to trivandrum in december and see what damage you can do to the
cause

of freedom there.

  Explain this too.

Thanks & Regards