[FSUG-Bangalore] GNU grazing on the 22nd November

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:12:52 IST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:43 AM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Parthan SR <parth.technofreak at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> renuka prasad wrote:
>> >
>> > i too feel this is the best idea ,
>> > i think people from industry / academics with like minded can design
>> > an alternate curriculum and demonstrate to BOE Chairman of respective
>> > autonomous and as well non -autonomous colleges
>> >
>> >  but a protest would definitely send the message to VTU and M$
>> >
>> Am not sure whether you guys already know about this, but as I was at
>> the place who did this I thought of pointing these to you..
>>
>> [1] http://nrcfosshelpline.in/code/wiki/FossElectivesSyllabus
>> [2] http://nrcfosshelpline.in/code/wiki/FossElectiveoneBook
>> [3] http://nrcfosshelpline.in/code/wiki/FossElectiveTwoBook
>> [4] http://nrcfosshelpline.in/code/wiki/FosselectiveTwo
>> [5] http://nrcfosshelpline.in/code/wiki/FossLabExperiments

http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Calicut_University_Syllabus_IT

This may be an example of syllabus without Proprietary mentions

Anivar

> Amazing ,
>
> Thanks a lot
>>
>> Well, I don't mean to propose the same as a lot of things in the
>> syllabus [1] were indeed felt to be too heavy or over loaded for
>> starters but Anna University has been quite successful in implementing
>> the FOSS Elective and there is quite a good track record of performances
>> in this elective. We can review it and modify it according to what we
>> feel would be appropriate and need-of-the-hour.
>
> Ya it is difficult for immediate replacement
> definitely few subjects could be replaced at the beginner level, as there is
> some time required for the trainers also to get used to new things
>>
>> --
>> ---
>> With Regards,
>>
>> Parthan "technofreak"
>> <gpg>  2FF01026
>> <blog> http://blog.technofreak.in

Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.
Learning Windows is like learning to eat every meal at McDonalds.