[FSUG-Bangalore] GNU grazing on the 22nd November

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 23:57:08 IST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:39 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> 2008/11/19 Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> In reference to
>>> http://www.hindu.com/2008/11/19/stories/2008111956231000.htm
>>> lets have a GNU grazing to discuss the course of action.
>>>
>>> Date: Saturday 22nd November, 2008
>>> Time: 16:00hrs
>>> Venue: NGV grounds, Koramangala.

Any Option to participate Remotely?
I will be in Kerala on this date

What I suggest is in following order within 2 weeks(hypothetical)

1. A letter to VTU from FSF India
2. A Delegation From FSUG bangalore
3. Protest by students groups in VTU (if  possible) , FSUG members can join
4. Letter from Supporting Groups ( Can we get It4Change, Sampada etc)

All this need to be done within 2 weeks (the time left before signing contract

Anivar

> Sorry !!! busy with translation, editing , reviewing and preparation for the
> events ,
> I can join online---- if some body can inform me when you start , we can use
> #fsug-bangalore channel ,
>
> Definitely this is a serious topic , very immediate actions should be taken
> ,
> Vikram or anybody , Can you communicate to different colleges and try to
> invite the faculties / students  for the meeting if you dont mind ( or if
> you have time ) -
>>>
>>> We can update information on the http://bangalore.gnu.org.in wiki.
>>
>> http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/index.php/Campaigns:VTU-MS_Curriculum_tie_up
>>>
>>> Agenda:
>>> VTU, Microsoft tie-up to develop curriculum
>>> -- Our response to the tie-up
>>> -- Plans to protest?
>>> -- Alternate to such a tie-up
>>>
>>> Vikram Vincent
>>

>> --
>> Vikram Vincent
>> +919448810822
>> http://swatantra.org/

Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.
Learning Windows is like learning to eat every meal at McDonalds.