[FSUG-Bangalore] FSF should distance itself from undemocratic, illegal, immoral and unjustifiable acts of protest.

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Tue Nov 18 16:32:24 IST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:40 PM, haynes davis <haynesdavis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:32 PM, haynes davis <haynesdavis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> who are the  FSF people are doing the double speak?
>>>
>>> Second, please do not identify FSF and FSFI.  These are two different
>>> sister organizations.
>>
>> i referred to fsf only in Indian context, ie. fsf india. Sorry for the
>> confusion.
>>
>> Some people took part in the protest say Novell issue was due to the
>> ignorance of organizers, while some say the organizers concealed it. People
>> like Arun etc were at the conference, while some where protesting. Anivar
>> Aravind, Member FSF was a speaker at the conference and also a protester.
>>
>> http://nfm2008.atps.in/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/speakers.html
>>

>>  And also regarding cpim hijack issue. Why dont fsf india make the things
>> clear. Do fsf india support those rumors?  If not, why does not fsf india
>> condemn such news, at least to show some gratitude towards cpim which
>> supports our cause?
>
> to add some more
>
> 1.) http://www.mail-archive.com/fsf-friends@mm.gnu.org.in/msg00704.html

Here Sasi clarified that what his intentions are.  what is the double
speak in the above message.

> 2.) http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?no_d2=1&sid=08/11/17/0120203

James did a mistake, he sent his apologies, and  he is not a
spokesperson of FSFI.  FSFI does not endorse what James wrote.

Would it be OK if i take your views expressed in these emails as that
of CPIM?  If I do so that would be a mistake.

> 3.) what did arun do in his capacity as FSF Secretary to  dissolve the
> situation during the conference. Was he organizing the protest? Was the
> protest with the knowledge of FSF india?

He tried talking to the organizers, he was not in the protest to begin
with. He did not organize the protest.  It came to the knowledge of
FSFI only after the manhandling issue.  Arun was in the scene only
after the manhandling.  He is protesting the manhandling and later
supported the protest, for it is a just protest.  That was a
spontaneous decision and was not a decision of FSFI.  FSFI does not
consider the protest is in bad taste.  The protest was not against the
organizers, it was to inform the participants about the color of
Novell.  That is an important step, else the people would have left
with the impression that Novell is associated somehow with FSM.
Organizer's interpretation that the protesters planned this against
them is not correct.  Not a single poster was against the organizers.

> 4.) was anivar representing FSF?

He was also not representing FSFI, nor FSF. He clarified that he was
representing swatantra malayalam computing.

Nagarjuna