[FSUG-Bangalore] [Fsf-friends] Boycott Novell Protesters Man-handled at National Conference on Free Software 2008

OpenSpace use.info at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:39:46 IST 2008

Dear Haynes Davis,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

2008/11/17 haynes davis <haynesdavis at gmail.com>

>> another request: Personal attacks are a strict no-no. I hope they were
>> written in the heat of the moment, and will be withdrawn. We should be able
>> to differ without imputing motives or questioning personal integrity.
>>

> I will withdraw the comments if you please explain to me what is the wrong
> with the thing i have said? I cannot deceive myself by withdrawing what i
> have said.

Your comments naming a person, and then accusing of
a) copyrighting the ... protest for himself.
b) he was using the issue to fulfill his concealed agenda
is a personal attack.

> Treat all members with civility and respect.
>>

> Sometimes it becomes necessary to disrespect one or two to respect the
> greater cause,

Shall we agree to disagree on this? I think respecting people and respecting
the greater cause are indivisible, possible and necessary.

Since I am one of the 'common people' in the group, I could be wrong. I
cannot claim to understand the technical world.

It is important to be true to oneself (as the old saying: and this above
all, to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.), but do you really think that
writing mails with courtesy, and having discussions with respect will hurt
the freesoftware cause, or make you deceive yourself?

Best wishes,

Edwin