[FSUG-Bangalore] SVN or GIT?

Sajith T S sajith at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 20:04:41 IST 2008

Shashi <connect2shashi at gmail.com> wrote:
> This question is for those who care about revision control...
>
> Is SVN better or GIT better in the point of view of usability
> practicality and being "free" in rivision control?
>
> the winner decided by this thread will be used as the rivision control
> mech. in my new site...

I like git better -- super easy repository creation and offline
commits and easy branching and git stash (and probably a lot of other
things) and excellent Emacs integration (this is true about most VCS,
but check out magit also) FTW.  I use git-svn with subversion
repositories and love the convenience so far.

What's better for you is up to you.

--
"the lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."
     	         -- Chaucer.