[FSUG-Bangalore] Uncorkers Group For Free Software Develpers

Shashi connect2shashi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:16:53 IST 2008

Hi all,
Being a hacker and a die hard fan of the Free Software Philosophy.
I've come to know that it is  quite hard to get someone join your
coding project and to find a project which you can be an active part
of (meaning not being just an SVN committor for minor changes). So I
have started this group of coders who are willing to write free code.
It is inspired by Apache Software foundation's success with the
philosophy.
The group, which i have named "uncorkers" (which means people who
"free" the wine from the bottle), upholds the same prehistoric
philosophy of mutual help and working for the common good. For the
question "what is the loss if you aren't part of this community (or
one like this)" there is no answer (I mean the answer is nothing), but
it only shows that you want to share more if you join! Speaking of the
technical advantages, You can start your projects here (or as a team)
letting the other coders follow the progress of code from the
beginning and thus helping more efficient, bugless and easy hacks.
Since this is the founding stage, you can be a founding father of a
great organization in the making. If you have some projects you need
help for or want to share or have a new idea for a new project or If
you feel like being a part of this fraternity ('fraternity' it isn't
one right now as i'm one of the 'two' members!), please visit
http://groups.google.com/group/uncorkers/ and please comment or tell
if you wish to join in this thread of this mailing list. I'm writing a
PHP driven site software having features similar to that on
www.apache.org, which I need some space to host. I wan't some info on
web4all.in in this regaurd.

Please forward this message to everyone you think would like it.

Thanks,
Yours,
Shashi
connect2shashi.blogspot.com