[FSUG-Bangalore] New requests - IISc/IIM and Cisco -discussed in the fsug meeting

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Mon Nov 10 11:36:41 IST 2008

Dear All,

I told about IIsc students requesting a session and CIsco requesting a
session.  I am not clear if its too late or not too late.

However if possible we are willing work for the following:

1) Organising a RMS talk clubbed with other events at - IISc or IIM . We
can take care of hosting , getting auditorium and so on..

Topic suggested "Myth of Intelectual Property or Why Patents are land
mines" or something on the lines- as many IP cells are being promoted in
these institutes of national importance and academicans are doing
patents and so on

2) Cisco : has requested a talk . Many technical leaders here will feel
honoured to hear RMS - becuase of the fact our life is entwined with
GDB,Emacs - but we dont discuss the philosophical political aspects -
which has made this possible.

Topic Suggested  "History of Free Software" - in a way which can expose
the techies to the philosophy . However this needs to be on a working
day . We will also try to rope in folks from IBM and so on..Please let
us know if there is a slot - if there is then I will work with
management and get this confirmed.

thanks
senthil