[FSUG-Bangalore] discussions in the meeting yesterday

Arun M arun at gnu.org.in
Sun Nov 9 16:56:40 IST 2008

> d) Anivar informed - that "RMS had informed that he would like to speak in
> FSUG and Colleges' banner - taking into consideration the demand - he will
> speak at two events - and insisited - the organisers be the same

Just a clarification. When the initial request for proposal (of program)
was put online from myside, only one request came(RVCE).

Later request from Christ also came. It was decided to accommodate that
request also. RMS will talk on two different topics in these two places.
It was suggested that organisers of both event work together so that
both events attract good participation from both side.

> e) Senthil :  The event should be as broad based as possible. Including new
> and different groups who have expressed interest in RMS visit  : Kannada
> Bloggers, Slum computer Center, Free software friends in the industry ( who
> joined yesterday in good numbers ) - who have been working on free software
> for the past some time - a joint banner of all groups might be ideal - if
> not every body can work - under FSUG banner. However folks explained reasons
> why it needs to be 'RVCE-Christ-FSUG' Banner.

Good to see that more people are joining hands in free software community in
Banglore. We should encourage all of them to become active participants
in FSUG.

> joined yesterday in good numbers ) - who have been working on free software
> for the past some time - a joint banner of all groups might be ideal - if
> not every body can work - under FSUG banner. However folks explained reasons

Why is that some people are not able to join FSUG ?
Are they seperate organisations ?

> i) and in which different folks can be given space - within the constraint
> of 'Two Events' .

There is a chance that RMS will be available for extended period of
time. In that
case we may be able to accommodate more events.
Request from BMC college is pending.

> j) FSUG decided to work using a wiki page and float in suggestions, which
> can be finally decided by RMS.

I've taken note of other suggestions and if possible will include them as well.
Also plan for the meetings with government. Time has to be provided for
that.

with regards
arun