[FSUG-Bangalore] discussions in the meeting yesterday

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Sun Nov 9 16:38:23 IST 2008

Dear All

I thought some aspects of  what we discussed yesterday so that it will
help in minutes. This is not complete , i am only putting in what I
remember, others do pitch in , mainly related to RMS visit.

thanks
Senthil

Pranesh from CIS was coordinating the session along with Anivar

a) A good number of people atteneded the meeting. About 15 of us joined
the meeting late at 3.45, . I guess the meeting started at about 3.15
and about 7-8 of them had discussed some bit and had to rebrief the rest
of us on RMS visit.

b) Later BMS students also joined at 4ish

c) It was a good day as we saw some good participation in fsug

Banner during RMS visit
------------------------------------

d) Anivar informed - that "RMS had informed that he would like to speak
in FSUG and Colleges' banner - taking into consideration the demand - he
will speak at two events - and insisited - the organisers be the same

e) Senthil :  The event should be as broad based as possible. Including
new and different groups who have expressed interest in RMS visit  :
Kannada Bloggers, Slum computer Center, Free software friends in the
industry ( who joined yesterday in good numbers ) - who have been
working on free software for the past some time - a joint banner of all
groups might be ideal - if not every body can work - under FSUG banner.
However folks explained reasons why it needs to be 'RVCE-Christ-FSUG'
Banner.

Suggestions for Schedule during RMS visit

f) It was confirmed after discussion that the schedule is not confirmed,
and its only a initial meeting
g) Except for the RVCE program fixed some time earlier
h) it was discussed that FSUG could and should play a signifinact role
in coming up with a schedule in the best interests of the free software
movement
i) and in which different folks can be given space - within the
constraint of 'Two Events' .
j) FSUG decided to work using a wiki page and float in suggestions,
which can be finally decided by RMS.

How do we go about it

The  new suggestions are put up by respective folks
http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/index.php/Events:RMS_visit_to_Bangalore

discussions are happening at :
http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/index.php/Talk:Events:RMS_visit_to_Bangalore