[FSUG-Bangalore] [bms-lug] Hands on Hacking Session

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:45:11 IST 2008

2008/11/2 Madhusudan C.S <madhusudancs at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>          BMSLUG in association with Department of Information
> Science and Engineering, BMSCE has organized a Hands-On
> session on How to Hack on Free Software projects.

Cool!! All the best for the event.

> The idea of this session is really not to get some code on the very
> first day. It will not be  fair to expect any one to contribute on the
> very first day they are introduced to the tools in the business. We
> will take live bugs in these tools, help them fix these bugs live, So
> bugs selected will be common for everyone. And if possible we
> submit the patches under the name of BMSLUG-Hackathon.

I would suggest it to be submitted as a real person. One who actually
fixes it. May be you can mention it was done during the hackathon in
the comment field. That way it looks more like a real bug report. Just
my ideas.

> After this we will give some time for people to get to know things
> and say after a week or 10 days or so we will have a full fledged
> hackathon (probably a day long one) in BMSCE.

Looking forward to see more hackers from BMSCE.

Happy Hacking
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍