[FSUG-Bangalore] Hands on Hacking Session

Madhusudan C.S madhusudancs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 10:56:04 IST 2008

Hi all,
         BMSLUG in association with Department of Information
Science and Engineering, BMSCE has organized a Hands-On
session on How to Hack on Free Software projects. We intend
to cover most of tools that are usually needed for hacking stuff.
And to be make it clear again, its not a boring lecture, but you
learn doing it yourself. Please feel free to join us. There is no
restriction on which department or college you belong to. Spread
the word and any one can join us.

The projects we have selected to Hack On are:
1. GNOME (probably and mostly GNOME-GAMES_
2. KDE (the packages are yet to be decided)
3. GNUSim8085

The idea of this session is really not to get some code on the very
first day. It will not be  fair to expect any one to contribute on the
very first day they are introduced to the tools in the business. We
will take live bugs in these tools, help them fix these bugs live, So
bugs selected will be common for everyone. And if possible we
submit the patches under the name of BMSLUG-Hackathon.

After this we will give some time for people to get to know things
and say after a week or 10 days or so we will have a full fledged
hackathon (probably a day long one) in BMSCE.

Date: *05-11-2008*, *Wednesday*
Venue: *ISE Lab, BMSCE* (Ground  Floor, CSE+ISE+ECE Block)

--
Thanks and regards,
 Madhusudan.C.S

Blogs at: www.madhusudancs.info
Official Email ID: madhusudan at madhusudancs.info

P.S: This might help people who are interested in knowing where to
start for Google Summer of Code 2009.