[FSUG-Bangalore] India appealed ISO OOXML Decision?

Chandru chandru.in at gmail.com
Sat May 31 11:06:29 IST 2008

It is actually the brazillian apeal which was not submitted properly.

They had mistakenly said India.  It will be corrected soon.

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Hari Prasad Nadig <hpnadig at gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/idg/IDG_852573C400693880C1257459002948D2.html?ref=technology
>
> ""The Indian appeal was not lodged in the correct procedure it was not
> send to the CEOs of the two organizations but nonetheless it has been
> received," Buck said, adding that it will be treated in the same way as
> the Brazilian and South African appeals."
>
> On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 19:47 +0530, Anivar Aravind wrote:
> > It seems india also appealed ISO process. But I didn't get the
> > confirmation yet
> >
> > see this news
> > <
> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146468/india_and_brazil_file_appeals_against_ooxml_standardization.html
> >

> > thanks for PJ of Groklaw for pointing this
> >
> > If anyone have more details please send to me

Chandra Sekar.S

e-mail: chandru.in at gmail.com
Blog: http://tuxychandru.blogspot.com/

We choose the brand of our Mobile Phone, Motorbike, Car, Shirt, Shoe, Bread,
etc. Then why not the brand of our OS too?

Pre-loading and forcing Vista on new laptops kills consumers' choice. Fight
for choice of OS just as there is for the Hard Disk capacity in new laptops.